While Mercedes Benz has made some amazing models, the G Class is an icon in itself. It is one of the longest produced Mercedes-Benz in the history, only second to Unimog. This is the SUV that’s meant to perform on the road, and it is owned by a number of celebs, and most of those big cars you see in action movies are probably from this range. If you want to own this beast, you should know that the price is anything but affordable. No wonder, a lot of people are interested in buying pre-owned Mercedes G Class.
Here are some of the facts you need to know.
- Find a dealer you can trust. Many people want to sell their G Class, and as a buyer, you should try to know the reason. As such, it is always better to work with dealers instead of regular one-time sellers. You must be sure that the dealer is genuine and has employed a team of experts to check the model for everything. Also, dealers are fairer with the price, which is a big advantage for someone who is buying his first truck.
- Check if the model has been maintained well. As mentioned earlier, the G Class is meant to perform. However, a poorly maintained model can be more of a liability, because there are no warranties and being the brand that Mercedes is, you may have to shell a lot every now and then.
- Check the history of the model. Find more about the previous owners, accidents and other records. The service records must be checked, as well. The G Class is one of the most dependable ranges from Mercedes, so if you do your research well, you will end up getting a model worth your time.
- If you intend to be on the road for a long time every year, consider the cost of gas and services. The models between 2000 and 2008 can cost more, so you can go for an older diesel variant if you want. Of course, you need to be careful with your choices as far as your budget is concerned.
- Finally, do take a drive. The G Class feels the best on the highway, but you need to know how it works on the road. Check everything under the hood, and don’t forget to consider the add-ons or repairs that might add to the cost.
Find a dealer near you now!